Authorize.Net® accounts may be closed using either of the following methods:
- Send a request to close your account using the eTicket service from within the Merchant Interface. Make sure you log into the Authorize.Net account you want to close.
For security reasons, we will not close your Authorize.Net account via e-mail. To verify your identity, you must send your request using the eTicket service from within the Merchant Interface. It is important you do not send any other sensitive information via e-mail.
- Log into the Merchant Interface at https://account.authorize.net.
- Click Contact Us at the top of the page.
- Click Create a New eTicket.
- Verify your contact information and then type your request for account closure in the space provided.
- Click Submit to send the account closure request to Customer Support.
- Contact us toll-free at 877-447-3938. We are available .
Please have your Authorize.Net Payment Gateway ID ready when you call. We will ask you to verify secure account information which may include:Note: Upon termination of an Authorize.Net Payment Gateway account, Authorize.Net discontinues providing its services to the merchant. Authorize.Net's services include providing transaction processing services as well as Payment Gateway account management via the Merchant Interface. As a result, merchants that have an inactive Authorize.Net account are prohibited from accessing their transaction history.
After verification of the secure information, we will close your account and send an account closure confirmation via e-mail for your records.
- The Secret Answer to the Secret Question.
- The last four digits of the Social Security Number.
- The last four digits of the Tax Identification Number (EIN).
- The last four digits of the Bank Account.
- The last four digits of the Card Number
If you would like to access your transaction history, you may do one of the following:
- Reactivate your account (which is subject to a $25 reactivation fee). In some cases, merchants for whom an account was terminated by Authorize.Net may not be eligible for account reactivation.
- You may contact your Merchant Service Provider.